Post Secondary Info

Post Secondary Institution Updates

University of Alberta Update
The University of Alberta has suspended all travel, in-person recruitment events, Campus Tours, and Residence Tours until further notice as a result of COVID-19.

Admissions-related adjustments have also been made for Fall 2020, including:
Offer acceptance deadline extended to June 1, 2020
Acceptance of high school marks as presented on final transcripts
English Language Proficiency (ELP) requirement adjustments
Visit our FAQ page for more information. Remaining questions can be submitted through the Student Connect Contact Form.

Online Events
Students are invited to participate in our online events where they can speak with UAlberta Advisors and get their questions answered. Students can find more information on additional upcoming presentations and chats at

Monday, April 27 at 5 p.m. (MDT) - General Online Chat

Thursday, May 21 at 5 p.m. (MDT) - Out of Province Student Loans 101

Registration 101 Workshops
Although in-person sessions have been cancelled, we are hosting Registration 101 workshops online to help students register for their University of Alberta courses! All admitted students are welcome to attend; however, to access their schedule builder, students must have accepted their admission offer.
Registration tips, how-to videos, and information regarding Reg 101 sessions are available online at

Updating Courses and Marks
Students who have not yet received an offer to their first choice program can submit updated courses and new final grade 12 marks. Once updates are submitted, their application will be re-evaluated. Students can submit the updates to courses and marks one time in UAlberta Launchpad from February 1 to April 30, 2020. More information can be found at After You Apply.

Accepting an Offer
Students can find instructions on how to accept their offer at The deadline to accept an offer of admission is located in each students’ UAlberta Launchpad.


Concordia University Update
Concordia is still accepting applications for the Fall 2020 term. Deadline to apply is June 30th.
Students may be unsure as to how the current situation will affect admissions; please visit their FAQ page -
Students can also contact admissions with specific questions

Virtual Open House on Thursday, May 7th.
Complete this form to register:

Prospective Student Appointments
Anyone interested in attending Concordia University can also request a virtual meeting with a recruitment advisor via google hangout. They will discuss programs, admission requirements and the application process.
Appointments can be requested by emailing:



MacEwan Update from the MacEwan Student Recruitment Team

Two new offerings from MacEwan University include a virtual presentation and virtual one-on-one sessions. Students may be required to download an app, but there is no need to create a personal account. Presentations can accommodate up to 20 students and will have two recruiters online to work with students. During one-on-one sessions, students will be able to book 30-minute time slots with recruitment advisors.

If you have urgent questions about the status of your application or would like to set up a time for one-on-ones, please email using your MacEwan University email account.


myPass is an Alberta Education secure self-service website for high school students to:
View and print diploma exam results statements, or order transcripts and more.
We have created an easy step-by-step guide to help you sign up for myPass.  Please click HERE to view the steps.
For more information from the Alberta Government regarding MyPass please click the following link


ApplyAlberta in an online application system that allows students to apply to one or more post-secondary institutions and authorize transcript transfers between participating institutions in the province.  You only need to enter your personal and academic information once - it is transferred automatically to each institution; you choose authorizing institutions to request transcript transfers, and you will not be charged a fee for transcripts transferred through ApplyAlberta.  For more information, please visit or see Mrs. Boake or Mrs. Richardson in Student Services.


The Scholastic Aptitude Test or SAT is a standardized examination that most American post-secondary institutions require as part of their admission process. There are 6 writing dates between now and June all requiring early registration. See Mrs. Boake or Mrs. Richardson for dates. Students who are planning to attend university or college in the US should plan to write the SAT in the spring of grade 11 so their results are available in the fall of grade 12 when they begin the application process. For more information, check out the website at

What Are Your Future Plans?

Check out Learning Clicks to find out more about your education options after high school:

Learning Clicks:


You can also contact one of their Ambassadors who are current post-secondary students from across the province who have shared their unique stories and experiences to motivate and inform young Albertans about their education options after high school.